I saw Diane Sawyer talking about this on Good Morning America the other day, and I just had to find the link and share it with you.
This man, Paul Potts, is an average, quiet cell phone salesman from England who was a contestant on the British show Britain's Got Talent. He has a gift, but he is humble and lacks confidence. When he got up to sing the opera song "Nessun Dorma," it was amazing! The crowd went crazy, and the judges were shocked.
I have heard the song "Nessun Dorma" countless times by many fabulous singers. But when this man sang it, I was spellbound. He sings with such feeling and musicality: he is singing with his heart. I actually cried a little bit (which I NEVER do!) while watching it for the second time. It is so touching that he is such a normal, sweet, quiet guy who achieved such success by being vulnerable and brave and by doing what he loves. I can only imagine how much it meant to him to receive such affirmation.
Enjoy the video!
Note: I do NOT recommend clicking on the other video options that come up after this one is over. I wish that I could have found this clip somewhere other than YouTube; but if you don't click on the others, it should be fine.

7 comments:
Wow! I loved this. He sure has a talent!
Wow is right! I have goosebumps!
Update: I hear that this guy ended up winning the whole contest. He kind of took Britain by storm, and now he gets to sing for the queen! It has turned his life upside down.
God for him! Aw, I almost cried just watching his face....he was expecting disappointment....I wonder if he loves the Lord?
Oops,I meant "Good for him!" I have new blog, check it out:
www.ladybeautiful.blogspot.com
Holy cow. I am SO glad that you shared this!! Mr. U and I saw here with tears in our eyes. Powerful voice. Something I thought only Andrea Bocelli could do. :)
His,
Mrs. U
I'm glad you liked it. I don't know how he does it, but it is hard not to get emotional watching him.
Try doing a youtube search for his chief competitor, Connie Talbot. She is a little girl (6 years old, I think) and she is so adorable and innocent-looking, and she has a beautiful voice as well. You will be glad that you watched that one, too!
Post a Comment