Lean Not: a reminder to follow God's command in Proverbs 3:5,6: "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
Wednesday, February 14
The modesty survey is available
The modesty survey results are in. Let's go see what the men have to say! I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm about to. Let me know what you think.
I thought it was very eye-opening. I want to go over it more with my oldest daughter - it is a reminder of the stark differences between the way men and women think!!
I still haven't finished reading through all of it, but I have found it insightful so far. I am glad that they gave the men a space to write explanations to their comments -- that is the most helpful part, it seems.
I do wish that more of the men were older -- most of the comments seem to come from teens. Although they do have valid points which they raise, I really appreciate the comments from men who are old enough to have thought through these issues even more thoroughly.
However, since the site is done by teen guys, it would make sense that there is a large teen guy demographic who would visit that site.
Man and women certainly do view female appearance differently!! The only way we would ever know that those strange thoughts are running through their heads is if they tell us.
Anyway, I really do appreciate hearing what they have to say. I hope that you and your daughter find it helpful, as well.
Proverbs 25:25 says, "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country." I would love to hear from you! Feel free to jot me a note at leannot@gmail.com.
2 comments:
I thought it was very eye-opening. I want to go over it more with my oldest daughter - it is a reminder of the stark differences between the way men and women think!!
Nice to see you, Katherine. Welcome!
I still haven't finished reading through all of it, but I have found it insightful so far. I am glad that they gave the men a space to write explanations to their comments -- that is the most helpful part, it seems.
I do wish that more of the men were older -- most of the comments seem to come from teens. Although they do have valid points which they raise, I really appreciate the comments from men who are old enough to have thought through these issues even more thoroughly.
However, since the site is done by teen guys, it would make sense that there is a large teen guy demographic who would visit that site.
Man and women certainly do view female appearance differently!! The only way we would ever know that those strange thoughts are running through their heads is if they tell us.
Anyway, I really do appreciate hearing what they have to say. I hope that you and your daughter find it helpful, as well.
Post a Comment