Friday, January 19

The Rebelution Modesty Survey



This is really neat -- you should check this out!

Alex and Brett Harris (little brothers of Joshua Harris who wrote I Kissed Dating Goodbye) have a web site, the Rebelution. On their web site, they have made the best modesty survey that I have ever seen. They are trying to get 1,000 Christian guys to answer this survey so that we ladies can know how guys really feel about the way that we dress and present ourselves. Only guys can answer the survey, but girls can read the questions. Now that I have read the questions, I am extremely curious to find out what the answers are!

They will post the results of the survey when 1,000 men take the survey. So far, it is going really well for them; but if any of you know men who would like to help their Christian sisters out, send them to this link.

I was amazed to see some of the questions that are being asked. I have always considered myself an extremely modest dresser, but I have never even thought of some of the things that the survey is asking about! It will be very valuable to see what the answers turn out to be.

2 comments:

Carina Rose said...

I too have seen that and am waiting to see the answer! It's a great idea, so many girls these days really have no idea what it means to be modest and to dress modestly. I was blessed with a boy friend (now ex, but still good friends) who was patient and kind enough to show me and teach me about modesty and girls clothing from a guys perspective. I am much more careful now, though I'm sure I still mess up. I'm a work in progress :)

Anyway, I saw you commented on Homeliving Helper... Aren't those ladies the best!

Lean Not said...

Nice to meet you, Rose. Yes, those ladies are an inspiration!

I remember having some male friends who had helpful opinions about the way girls dressed. I appreciated their honesty even though it must have been awkward for them at times.

Right now, I work for a Christian school that has a great dress code already, which makes my own clothing choices much easier; but as I work to enforce that dress code for the students, I definitely notice quite a few things that "pass" yet still give the wrong impressions. Someone commented a while ago about a girl who was wearing so many different layers yet *still* did not look modest -- that takes effort! But I'm sure that most of these girls have just never been taught what is or is not appropriate: they're definitely not going to learn the right things from watching TV.

By the way, I like your blogger profile. It's cute! :)