Tuesday, January 23

Homemaking Meme

Here is a meme (what does that stand for, and how do you pronounce it??) that I got from Emma's blog.

Aprons – Yes or No? If Yes, what does your favorite look like?
Yes! I have two that I like to wear. I used to wear the one that I made in high school home ec, but now I wear the one that I wore when I was a server at a restaurant. It is really durable and has great pockets.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Cookies or turtle brownies.


Clothesline – Yes or No?
No; we use a dryer.


Doughnuts – Have you ever made them?
No, but I sure could go for a fresh, hot Krispy Kreme right now!

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
I try to keep my desk at work neat.


Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freezer?
No; that is a dream of mine. Someday I would love to have one.


Garbage Disposal – Yes or No?
Yes

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
the Betty Crocker cookbook


Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
I don't mind it. I like making everything look crisp and fresh. I wish things would stay that way!

Junk drawer – Yes or No? Where is it?
Yes: one in the kitchen, a couple in my bedroom filled with memorabilia that I just can't get rid of yet.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
I'll let you know when I get to do it consistently. :) I really love cooking, though.

Mop – Yes or No?
Yes

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
Well, we have a cheap oven with no window. So I must peek. :)


Pizza – What do you put on yours?
At a normal pizza place, cheese and pepperoni. I also like spinach.


Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
I never get a quiet moment during the day because I am at work! :) But aside from that, I like to read or just space out :) If I get a quiet moment at work, I get ready for my next responsibility. That way I don't have to do that on the weekend or in the evenings.


Recipe card box – Yes or No? What does it look like?
I type them up in a document on the computer. It is incredibly convenient b/c I can easily make copies or print out a recipe when I want to use it. Then I put it in a sheet protector on the counter. If it's one I use a lot, I keep it in a notebook as well.


Style of house – What style is your house?
Traditional brick. Very traditional inside and out. Pretty!


Tablecloths and napkins – Yes or No?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends on the season and what we have that goes with that season. Usually, we just use placemats -- our table is pretty on its own.


Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Pretty good right now.


Vacuum – How many times per week?
Per week, are you serious?


Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
One or two.


X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I frequently do.


Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Hang up whatever I was wearing :)

2 comments:

MamaBirdEmma said...

I loved your answersLeanNot! I just found out today was meme stands for: Me Me, as in this is all about me. I have no idea who started these, but I have to admit that it is clever:)

Emma

Lean Not said...

Ha, that explains it. The internet sure does give us a new vocabulary. :)