
Please read this
Christmas Returns to Wal-Mart Marketing
According to this article, the voice of Christians who demanded that our God be given the recognition that He deserves at Christmas time has been heard! Hallelujah!
If you read my
It is wonderful to see that our efforts have begun to pay off. This is a good reminder to us that we can make a difference.
Let's continue to make a difference by giving these stores some feedback. According to the article, Wal-Mart, Kohl's, and Macy's have begun using "Merry Christmas" in their stores; and Best Buy has not. And I know that last year, Target was also very anti-Christmas. Here are the links to the contact pages to these businesses. If we send them e-mails thanking those who have made the right choice and also send e-mails to the other stores politely informing that we are offended by their actions and will not shop there until they choose to show some respect to God, then they will listen! And remember, if you are able to send a snail mail letter, those tend to carry a little more weight.
These businesses need to hear our thanks:
We need to ask that these stores begin using the word "Christmas":
If you know of any other stores that are doing the right thing, put in a comment and let us know so that we can shop there and thank them! If you know of any other stores that need some more "prompting" from us, let me know and I will try to get their contact info also.
Please get this information to your friends so that we can let these businesses know that we care about our God and do not want to see Him left out!

5 comments:
Thank you for sharing this!! This is VERY good to know!!! And I appreciate the contact information as well!
His,
Mrs. U
Thank you, Mrs. U. It is good to see you here! I always enjoy your blog.
I have been working on writing these businesses. I thought I would post a sample of the letters that I have been writing. If you would like to use this yourselves, feel free:
Dear (insert business name),
I am writing about the issue of whether you use the word "Christmas" in your stores. I have observed that you are choosing to replace the word "Christmas" with the word "holiday."
You must know that your choice concerns me greatly. December 25th is a day to celebrate the birth of Christ, the Son of God Who came to earth to save us from our sins. By showing disrespect toward Christmas, you are discriminating against Christians.
My family, friends, and I are highly offended that you would choose to show such a great disrespect by refusing to even name the word Christmas. Besides, that, it is completely absurd to think that people will be offended by naming a holiday such as Christmas: millions more people are truly offended by your choosing to say "Happy Holidays" and shut God out.
My family, friends, and I definitely plan not to support your store as long as you choose to be anti-God. Please change your ways, and start using the word "Christmas."
Thank you.
While I'm glad that Walmart has decided to recognize Christmas, I will not promise to tell my friends and family to shop there. In fact, I've told many of them not to shop there since Walmart is making such a push to help the gay community right now.
See www.afa.net --
Oct 15, 2006 - Walmart makes donation to Arkansas Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered Community.
November 3, 2006 - "Wal-Mart Contributes 5% Of Online Sales To Homosexual Group. Sign the pledge not to shop at Wal-Mart or Sam's Club on the Friday and Saturday following Thankgiving."
Excellent point, Watchwoman. I have adjusted the wording in my post. That's not exactly what I had said, though.
There truly are many problems with Wal-Mart and with most secular businesses, for that matter. I for one would rather shop at a smaller store even regardless of these political and moral issues; it just seems more American to me to not let the big stores be bullies.
Just the same, we should thank them for the gestures that they have made. One issue at a time -- if we show them that these efforts of theirs pay off, they will be more brave to make even larger steps next time. The point is to make our God-worshiping presence very apparent to them.
Great post, Leannot! It is always good to know about stores that look favorably on Christians.
Thank you for posting it:)
Emma
Post a Comment