I have decided to join the I would like to start reading the following, although there is no way that I will finish before I have to go back to work:
The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian
A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George
Powerful Promises for Every Woman by Elizabeth George
Moby Dick by Herman Melville
The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain
Ben-Hur by Lew Wallace
The Thread That Runs So True by Jesse Stuart
The Spiritual Secret of Hudson Taylor by Howard Taylor
In the Arena by Isobel Kuhn
Oh, I love to read! I wish that I had more time to read for enjoyment.

4 comments:
The only one you've listed that I've read is A Woman after God's Own Heart by George. It was excellent and, honestly, life-changing.
It'd be cool if you posted a short review of whatever you get to read. Enjoy! :)
I like you WRC list!
I've read that Jesse Stuart. He was an interesting man. And I loved the Hudson Taylor you will read. Really impacting book.
Moby Dick is on my list too.
I would love to hear more about your teaching experiences. Just this morning I was reading in Ryken's Realms of Gold: The Classics in Christian Perspective and can't wait to be able to teach in a traditional classroom.
I'd love it if you would link your list to the WRC thread. I plan to post a new thread with all the links later this week.
Shanna, I should have put Italy from a Backpack on my list! :) In all honesty, it is the one I am going to read first. I am going to read at least the chapter that you wrote, and then I'm going to send it to you to autograph. :)
Seasonalsoundings, I posted my link on your post. Feel free to send me an e-mail if you want to talk about teaching. Sounds like fun! Are you studying to be a teacher?
Oh, and Shanna, that's a good idea about the reviews. I'll see what I can do. I'm not getting very far on my reading list, though! But a few of the books just came in the mail yesterday. (ordered them from amazon)
Post a Comment